Sunday, January 25, 2009

And I was like...Whateva.

So it's been busy to say the least. Between work, class, diet, dance, steve, and visiting family, I barely have any time to just chillax. Steve started chemo a bit ago and my mom came out here to help out. It really made a huge difference. She was able to be with him during the sessions, drive him to and from the appointments, get him food, ect. I actually started my classes for Japanese and Small Business that week and couldn't really miss the first days. So if she wasn't there, steve would have been really having a hard time getting around. 




Now he's on a break from the treatment. His parents are here though and I think it just kind of raises his spirits knowing that they're here. They're doing a lot of tourist stuff but also taking time to just be with steve. Yesterday we went with them to Sonoma county for the olive festival....only there wasn't really a festival or many olives.  We got some great dipping oil and some really good onion horseradish dip, which gives me crazy gas.

I'm doing better with money than I though I would be. With steve making less having gone on disabilities, I was kind of worried about having enough to get through. But thanks to getting paid three times this month I am able to handle our rent by myself. Go me!!

Work is work...ugh.




It's time to start booking for convention season! I have a line up of three major conventions this year. >_<  Steve pointed out though that we probably won't be able to go to any next year because of our honeymoon. We just won't have the time. So I'm making up for it this year! I'm only doing one completely new cosplay for me and steve, which is Allen Walker and Lavi from D.Gray-Man. I'm actually in the process of dying my hair white and trying to get it cut like Allen's new do in the manga. I like it a lot! (The hair style, plus the uniform is seen above) Other than that, I'm bring back Nero and Dante but have to update Nero's crappy vest. Also there's the Organization XIII soccer team cosplay, but that will sooo easy, especially compared to the D.Gray-Man uniforms.

Anyway, so the line up of cons looks like this:
Anime Matsuri - Houston April 10th -12th
Anime Boston - Boston May 21th-25th
Anime Expo - LA July 2nd-5th



Crazy! But I love it! ALSO! I was going to go to Sakura Con April 10th - 12th, but decided instead to go to Anime Matsuri once Miyavi was announced as a musical guest. I couldn't resist!

2 comments:

  1. that all sounds like fun! Make sure you hang out with Steve as much as possible though! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. my always busy daughter. love you, mom

    ReplyDelete