Sunday, August 2, 2009

Planning!

The worst part, I think, about planning a wedding is starting. It's hard to figure out what money goes where, how much this cost, comparing companies, and documenting all that information for later use. I'm not ordering or booking until the end of the year, so...it's just kind of annoying.



Anyway! Work is severely picking up and I just don't care enough to put in all the crazy hours. Hopefully that doesn't burn me in the end. Friday, Dan and I ended up working reeaaaaaalllly late but it still didn't feel like the accomplishing rush of last year. We keep comparing it to when we went to Japan. Before we went, it was pretty much what got us through the craziness of last year's strategy guides. We played it in our head as this miracle place that would make us feel blissfully happy as soon as we landed. Instead, it took forever for us to even feel like we were in another country, let alone one we had been dreaming about, and our bosses depiction of it were kind of not true... And although it was amazingly fun, it wasn't what we expected it to be. That's how this year's strategy guides are going so far. We played them up as these fearfully dreadful things that would make us cry as soon as we started. Now that we're doing them, it's like, yeah this sucks, but it doesn't feel like how I expected. This was a long rant that probably didn't make any sense, but oh well.

In fun news...



I'm picking up new hair dye today. Hoping to have Gokudera hair! (extreme otaku nerdiness strikes again!) It won't be in that terrible center part, like his, but I hope to achieve white/silver with a little bit of black underneath. I'm picking up the supplies as soon as I'm done with this! I attempted to go yesterday after having a yummy dinner with Rose, but I didn't make it before they closed TT____TT boo. I was waiting for the bus back when I got a text from Dan about being a sad little girl watching a movie home alone and eating ice cream. I happened to be a 15 min walk from his house so I joined him for part of the movie. It was fun! The movie was pretty good from what I saw...minus awkward rape scene.... It was called "One Upon a Time in America."

Well that's about it. TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment